The Social Network for Apps!
We want Social Scientists!
Appucino (http://www.appucino.com) is a new social network for Android, Web and iOS Apps. Appucino comprises a few lines of code that can be cozily integrated into Apps, to magically create social features such as location-based leaderboards and chat for those apps!
We believe that the future of entertainment belongs to Apps. Since so many Apps get released everyday, it’s tough to get Apps discovered by consumers and even tougher to keep their App users engaged and loyal. Appucino solves this major challenge via its magical features (ahem – its social and local features).
Check out one success story of Appucino here.
The Company behind Appucino!
Appucino is a business by Games2win (G2W), one of the fastest growing online gaming companies in the world and features amongst the top 20 online gaming properties as ranked using comScore reports. Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, & Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W.
G2W owns and operates www.games2win.com (online games for tween and teen girls), Chimpoo.com (www.chimpoo.com) (social games for kids), Gangofgamers.com (www.gangofgamers.com) (online games for tween and teen boys), Inviziads (www.inviziads.com) – a unique in-game audience network. The web properties and in-game network of G2W reach over 15 million unique users a month. G2W also publishes games on the iOS and Android App Stores that have clocked over 6.4 million downloads so far across 40+ Apps.
What’s the opportunity?
Position: To be the Social Scientist for Appucino
Position is Based in: Mumbai
You will be Reporting to: Alok Kejriwal – the CEO.
Background and experience:
You could be someone who has spent a few years understanding and predicting human social behaviour.
Ok. Try this – We need someone who understands the science of how people connect socially; someone who understands what makes people start talking, sharing and interacting with each other.
What the job is all about – Roles & Responsibilities:
Appucino is a rapidly growing community of registered members and casual guests. Our users enjoy Appucino via games or apps across the web and mobile. Most of the times we know ‘where’ these users come from since Appucino requests for their locations.
We want our Appucino community to interact with each other; to exchange friendship requests, virtual gifts and socially engage with local, ‘like-minded’ users.
To do so, we need a Social Scientist who can help us:
- Analyse social behaviour on our network and use Industry tools to mine the data
- Be able to ‘match’ like-minded users (using personality data)
- Be able to manage the community and steer them towards deeper social engagement with each other
You could be:
- A person who has worked in online dating, matrimonial, social sites with a specific role that focussed on managing ‘sociality’ between people
- Someone who has personally owned or managed online communities, groups and networks (like those on facebook, etc)
- A trained social behavioural student/professional
- A psychologist who understands how people think and behave
You should be:
- A team player open to working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Someone who is SOCIAL and VIBRANT; You must live & breathe people and sociality!
- Someone open to lot of trials & experiments and false starts; willing to improvise models till the right one comes along.
- A person who likes data!
We really are open to persons with PhDs or 10th standard failed grades.
We need the right person – not an impressive marksheet.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make the candidate actually take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and Prospects:
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with next generation Social networking as an industry and be responsible for scaling up a start up social network venture to a large business. The scope to experiment, innovate and pioneer local & social network ideas and concepts will be enormous. The mobile apps market, and specifically the gaming market, is poised for immense growth in India and the candidate can look forward to a very long-term vertical growth curve in this industry.
We wish the person becomes the CEO of the Company. Nothing less.
If you are interested:
- Simply write down a few lines of your past experience pertaining to social connections – personal or professional
- You could alternatively pitch how you would model communities and guests in the virtual world and encourage them to be more socially expressive and connected with each other
- Explain how you think social behaviour will shape up in the next few years
Answers to some or all of these questions and your resume can be sent to email@example.com who will then connect with you about the next steps!