Job Description for Senior Linux Administrator
Games2win is one of the largest casual mobile gaming companies in the world. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games with over 150 million downloads and have an extremely strong daily and monthly active user base. Games2win is the publisher of global hit titles such as Driving Academy, Stories for Friends, International Fashion Stylist, Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, and many other hit games. Some of our games such as Parking Frenzy have ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game). Power Cricket T20 is ranked #1 in the India Sports category. Almost all of our Mobile Games have hit top app store ranks.
Top investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a Serial Entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an Online Gaming Specialist.
Play our games available on the Android and iTunes App Stores or visit us on games2winmedia.com to learn more about our Company.
Position : Senior Linux Administrator
Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
Responsible for managing all our websites and server in-house operations.
This will involve:
- Monitoring all our servers and processes – e.g. server uptime, backups completed.
- Troubleshooting problems that arise on the site, and taking proactive action on them. This includes apache / mysql / potsgres / RoR problems/ MongoDb Replication, and coordinating with the development teams to resolve them.
- Be part of our build process – deploy apps, take backups of old db and app.
- Basic management of Amazon EC2 services – managing instances, starting / stopping, monitoring costs.
- Handle internal LAN / Active Directory / Squid configuration requirements.
- Create and update all documentation, accurately and relevantly.
- Ensuring fixes are implemented in appropriate time-frames.
- Knowledge of SVN server.
- Monitoring on nagios server.
- Knowledge on Shell Scripting.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- At least 4 to 5 years experience as a system administrator with 1 to 1.5years of cloud computing experience.
- The ideal candidate would have past experience administering servers of a popular dot-com, for both Windows and Linux servers. Exposure to database maintenance scripting (Slony, Mysql), Linux shell scripting and Amazon cloud management is a bonus.
- Team player, good learner, problem solver, good communication skills.
B.E./B.Tech or Science graduate. Certifications preferred.
Future prospects :
This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with the Mobile Entertainment industry and build a meaningful career in Digital Technology.
Send your updated resume to : email@example.com