Job Description for Technical Lead – Unity
Games2win is one of the largest casual mobile gaming companies in the world. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games with over 150 million downloads and have an extremely strong daily and monthly active user base. Games2win is the publisher of global hit titles such as Driving Academy, Stories for Friends, International Fashion Stylist, Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, and many other hit games. Some of our games such as Parking Frenzy have ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game). Power Cricket T20 is ranked #1 in the India Sports category. Almost all of our Mobile Games have hit top app store ranks.
Top investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a Serial Entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an Online Gaming Specialist.
Play our games available on the Android and iTunes App Stores or visit us on games2winmedia.com to learn more about our Company.
Position: Tech Lead – Unity
Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Be the tech lead for all game projects in Unity.
- Prototype and / or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Troubleshoot issues that the various game teams are facing with Unity games. These include solving game-related bugs,issues with ad SDKs, leaderboard APIs and any device specific issues that may crop-up.
- Review game code from team and from partners to ensure they adhere to standards, and are coded well.
- Define standards to be followed for games in Unity.
- Understand GDDs of games to be developed, and be able to think ahead of implementation challenges in delivering the game. Basis this, provide relevant feedback to management and rest of the game team.
- Work with the art teams to define art formats required, and be responsible for ensuring the art works in the game.
- Keep up to date on relevant core technologies and best practices, so as to make suggestions to product teams on new game mechanics or APIs available.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
Minimum 6 years’ experience in mobile game development on Smartphones, with a total of at least 3 years with Unity.
- Experience with iOS and Android games. Any exposure to Windows games on Unity will be a plus.
- Experience integrating and trouble-shooting third-party SDKs in Unity – MoPub, Flurry, Facebook, other Prime31 SDKs, and ad networks.
- At least 10 games on App Store
- Someone with strong fundamentals in mobile game development : understand design patterns, architecture of games, and device APIs
- Be very fluent with Unity3D
- A person who has worked with Xcode & Objective C, as well Eclipse
- Someone with experience working with non-gaming APIs for fetching and storing Data for web services, databases or disk access.
- A person who is proficient with debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games.
Have coded some awesome mobile games in Unity3D
B.E./B.Tech or MCA. Certifications preferred.
Future prospects :
This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with the Mobile Entertainment industry and build a meaningful career in Digital Technology.
Send your updated resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org