Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Art Director
Experience required: 3 to 6 years of relevant work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Creating high quality optimized 3D assets including characters and props for mobile games, using Maya and PhotoShop.
- Integrate the 3D assets into Unity3d and tweak them as per the game requirements.
- Work with fellow artists and engineers to solve any quality/performance
- Create art in a variety of artistic styles, ranging from realistic to stylized to cartoon.
- Manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- 3 years’ experience as an Character / Props artist in game development
- Exceptional understanding of next-gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- Experience with the process of making normal maps (transferring the high-poly sculpted detail on low-poly game objects).
- Understanding of both high-poly and low-poly modelling of 3D characters for mobile games
- Candidate should know how to optimize art for mobile games.
- Candidate will be constantly interacting with the development team, product managers and testing team, therefore the candidate should have good communication skills.
- Proactiveness and commitment are of utmost importance.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Mobile games.
- Experience in some or all of the following will be an added advantage:
- Making Terrains using Unity 3D
- Knowledge of lighting and shaders in Unity 3D.
- Ability to work with Unity to create builds and/or basic scripting
- Graduate from a reputed institute
- Candidates with an Art school background would be preferred
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Refer to the below images URL and recreate this particular character model under 5000 Tris with only one texture sheet.
The model can be posed or in T-pose, either is fine.
The final deliverable for this assignment would be an FBX file with textures and a turnaround render of it from all angles just like in the given images.
Send your updated resume along with the above-mentioned test assignment to email@example.com