Art Director – Mobile Games
Games2win – Based in Mumbai and San Francisco is a gigantic casual games company, operating across a global footprint, leveraging its own & partner IP to create an entertaining gaming experience.
The Company has clocked 94 million game downloads across the iTunes, Android, Windows and Kindle platforms. Some of our games – Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, Star Fashion Designer, Fab Tattoo Design Studio & Fashion Diva have topped the global app charts. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games and an extremely strong DAU and MAU user base (80% outside of India). All our game downloads are generated organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
Top investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a Serial Entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an Online Gaming Specialist.
To know more about us, visit us at:
Position Name: Art Director
Position Based in: Mumbai
Reporting To :Alok Kejriwal – CEO of Games2win.com
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
You MUST excel at Art, have International Art sensibilities and be able to:
- Conceptualize varied art styles for our mobile games
- Research, reference and then develop the overall look or style of our games
- Work closely with the product managers, developers and game designers to understand the art production requirement and timelines
- Recruit, train and direct team members to create high quality graphics, UI and artwork for our games
- Constantly play and benchmark top games for inspiration and understanding of best practices used in the gaming domain
- Inspire the team of artists to create world-class art
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- You should be an art graduate from a respected Institute
- You should have 8 to 10 years of total experience in graphic design with a focus on digital and interactive media, of which 3 to 4 years consists of Art direction experience (a Mobile Gaming background will be preferred)
- You should have exposure to creative sites like Behance, Deviant Art, Pinterest, etc.
- You need to be highly creative with a thorough understanding of the latest art trends
- You must be able to relate with the emotion of the game and understand the audience for the games
- You must have a passion for mobile games, and should be playing iTunes or Android games on a regular basis. If you don’t play mobile games, don’t apply.
Fine Arts Graduate from a reputed art school like:
- Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art (Mumbai)
- Rachana Sansad (Mumbai)
- L.S. Raheja College of Fine Arts (Mumbai)
- SNDT College (Mumbai)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of fine Arts (Pune)
- Goa College of Art (Goa)
- Govt. College of Fine Art (Chennai)
Remuneration & Growth:
Games2win likes to meet candidates and then offer them compensation on the basis of their experience and passion.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.* (Our ESOPs are very valuable, and have proven to enrich employees)
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
If the role interests you, then please work on the assignment brief on the below mentioned link:
Best of Luck!
Send your thoughts with your introduction and expectations to: email@example.com
(Note – we do not want to receive your application without your completed assignment).