Job Description for Game Designer
Games2win is one of the largest casual mobile gaming companies in the world. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games with over 150 million downloads and have an extremely strong daily and monthly active user base. Games2win is the publisher of global hit titles such as Driving Academy, Stories for Friends, International Fashion Stylist, Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, and many other hit games. Some of our games such as Parking Frenzy have ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game). Power Cricket T20 is ranked #1 in the India Sports category. Almost all of our Mobile Games have hit top app store ranks.
Top investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a Serial Entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an Online Gaming Specialist.
Play our games available on the Android and iTunes App Stores or visit us on games2winmedia.com to learn more about our Company.
Position : Game Designer
Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
The candidate should:
- Work closely with the Product Manager in conceiving and creating game ideas.
- Be able to design in-depth and structured Game Design Documents using the best practices available in the industry. Provide with ample and correct references/guidelines in the document for the art and development teams. Constantly update oneself and the game design/product teams with new innovations in game design practices.
- Work with the Product Manager and analytics team in understanding the game update cycle and requirements, and create the necessary design documents accordingly.
- Involve actively during the production phase and work with the creative, art, development & QC team to assess that the design objectives are being fulfilled.
- Be adept at Level Design for different types of games as per the requirement.
- Design missions and prototype different gameplay variations during production, playtest them and take feedbacks.
- Create user friendly controls which are easy to master; for touch-screen mobile platform.
- Constantly play and research other games for ideas regarding smart game design.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in designing games for iOS / Android.
- Experience on working with F2P games.
- Experience with creating game design documents from concept briefs. This would include defining game rules, level progression, and defining the user-interface in the game.
- We are seeking someone with strong Game and Level Design knowledge.
- Ready to explore any given game genre at any time as per the requirement.
- A passion for casual and mobile games, and should be playing iOS or Android games on a regular basis.
- Fresher can also apply if you think you are up to the task.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good English Writing Skills and presentation skills: It is really important that your design and documents are conveyed to the readers.
- Skill to create easy and clear game flow and UI flow.
- Knowledge about successful games in the mobile games market, what is currently trending and know-how about design elements that made those games successful.
- Should be able to relate with the emotion of the game and understand the game audience.
- Any art or technical skills will be an added bonus.
Graduate/Diploma Degree holder in Game Designing or any other equivalent educational background.
Future prospects :
This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with the Mobile Entertainment industry and build a meaningful career in Digital Technology.
Send your updated resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org