Game UI Artist
Games2win – Based in Mumbai and San Francisco is a gigantic casual games business, operating across a global footprint, leveraging its own & partner IP to create an entertaining gaming experience.
The Company has clocked 82 million game downloads across the iTunes, Android, Windows and Kindle platforms all via viral installs. Some of its games – Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, Star Fashion Designer, Fab Tattoo Artist & Fashion Diva have topped the global app charts. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games with over 82 million downloads and an extremely strong DAU and MAU user base (80% outside of India). All our game downloads are generated organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
Top investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are AlokKejriwal – a Serial Entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an Online Gaming Specialist.
To know more about us, visit us at:
Position: Game UI Artist
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Art Director
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- The candidate should be an experienced game UI Artist with at least 4-5 years of Industry experience.
- You will work closely with the Art Director and Product Managers to build beautiful, user-centric, trendy and easy to understand graphics for game interfaces
- You will also need to communicate with the game design and development teams to ensure your visual designs meet the necessary creative and technical requirements
Who could you be? (Experience and Background)
- Well-versed with Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- 4-5 years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media
- Significant experience with mobile games and apps.
- UI experience for the apps in the category of fashion, travel, sports, finance, automobiles, etc will be valued.
- Drawing and Illustration skills will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skill
- Candidate should have an in-depth understanding of game front-end UX flow and HUD systems
- Should be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas on schedule
- Ensure that the UI supports the overall game design and art style
- Actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving
- Possess a strong graphic design background and understanding of design principles
- Demonstrate understanding of game aesthetics and branding requirements
- Have a passion for games and interactive media
- Have expert knowledge & the ability to quickly prototype in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash
- A strong portfolio of UI / Visual Design that shows:
- Strong and appropriate use of color
- Understanding of composition, grid and typography
- Ability to create iconography that matches a thematic look and feel
- Ability to work under pressure in a timely manner, without sacrificing quality
- Ability to develop and iterate on design concepts based on feedback
- Ability to craft wireframes, then set the art up in the game engine for the engineers to make functional
- Fine Arts Graduate from a reputed art school like:
- Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art (Mumbai)
- Rachana Sansad (Mumbai)
- L.S. Raheja College of Fine Arts (Mumbai)
- SNDT College (Mumbai)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of fine Arts (Pune)
- Goa College of Art (Goa)
- Govt. College of Fine Art (Chennai)
We will reward top talent with very competitive salaries as per the industry norms.
*Note: We don’t want people to join us just for better salaries. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and Prospects:
This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to associate themselves with GAMING as an industry and wants to learn how to scale a start-up to a large business. The scope to experiment, innovate and pioneer ideas and concepts will be enormous. Building a large consumer entertainment destination with worldwide acclaim is our goal and this brings considerable technical challenges and opportunities not faced in other domains.
If the role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Pls work on the test brief which can be found at the below mentioned link:
Click here to download the test brief Presentation
Best of Luck!
Send your updated resume along with the above mentioned test assignment and your expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org