Games2win is one of the largest casual gaming companies in the world and features in the top gaming properties of the world (USA and the World, as per comScore reports). We own over 700 proprietary online games and have an extremely strong DAU and MAU online and mobile user base (80% outside of India) that has been built organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
G2W is the publisher of global hit titles such as Parking Frenzy, The Fab Designer series and 40 other games, with over 45 million downloads worldwide on the iOS, Android & Kindle app stores. Parking Frenzy was ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game).
Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a serial entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an online gaming specialist
With a reach of over 15 million users worldwide, and operating multiple destinations, our server infrastructure requirements are varied and deep. Our servers farms are located at a hosting provider in the USA, and we are also on the Amazon Cloud. We utilize a content delivery network to do the heavy lifting of content. Our servers are primarily Linux based, although we do use IIS on Windows for our casual games portals. Within each online destination, the technology stack is varied : LAMP, Java, Postgres/MySql and Perl.
Reporting and analytics play an important part of our activity, hence we have a deployment of openReports/Pentaho at the application level, and Nagios at the systems level.
Internally, we have over 100 workstations comprising laptops and desktops, with wireless LANs connected with routers and two leased-lines for connectivity.
Position Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
Candidate would be responsible to ensure all our services are running 100%. This involves monitoring, troubleshooting and ensuring failover systems work. The candidate would also be responsible to keep a tab on costs across the company, for both internal expenses as well as cloud / CDN / hosting costs, and hence an ability to coordinate, negotiate and troubleshoot effectively with external / international teams is a must.
To summarize, the responsibilities include :
- Ensuring performance and 100% uptime of applications and servers – this includes both hardware and software
- Ensure smooth functioning of the build process, where we update servers / applications once a week, across the properties we operate
- Monitoring applications and reporting tools (IIS based ASP applications, Java-based and PHP-based application servers), databases (MySql and Postgres), and ensuring their uptime.
- Coordinating with external vendors and partners for troubleshooting, negotiations and other coordination.
- Internal LAN/WAN Administration, including configuring and trouble-shooting network issues, firewall configuration and network management
- Monitoring costs viz. bandwidth and servers (especially cloud computing)
- Asset management – hardware, software licenses
- Ensuring disaster recovery systems in place and working – backups, failover systems, and testing that they work periodically with fire-drills
- Coordinating with the development and support team for various services.
- Ability to set goals and manage a team of in-house and consultant system admins and technicians.
Who could you be? Background and Experience :
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Must be competent to face the challenges of running high traffic consumer facing websites/applications.
- Should have good multitasking skills and handle pressure situations in a dynamic environment.
- Good Networking & Architecture Fundamentals, capability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Must be technically strong with a sound temperament to resolve technical issues.
- The person should have hands on exp in Systems, Network administration (Windows & Unix) and working with software development teams to resolve problems
- Should be able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Understanding of content delivery networks like Akamai or Limelight, and cloud computing environments such as Amazon EC2
- Should have worked on shell Scripting, Routers & Switches.
- Must possess strong team building skills. Must be able to guide team in identifying problems and guide them in day-to-day operations.
- Strong at defining processes and incorporate best practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal capabilities, with ability to deliver quality results with minimum supervision.
- Aptitude for analyzing potential issues, troubleshooting problems and providing solutions.
- Willing to work odd hours when situations demand.
Qualifications: B.E./ B.Tech or Science graduate with specialization in IT and/or Computer Science. Certifications preferred.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney, and when Nirvana Venture Funds invested into Games2win – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects :
This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to associate with GAMING as an industry and scale up a start up to a large business. The scope to experiment, innovate and pioneer ideas and concepts will be enormous. Building a large consumer entertainment destination with world-wide acclaim is our goal, and brings considerable technical challenges and opportunities not faced in other domains.
Contact – email@example.com