Jr. Art Director – Mobile Games
Games2win is one of the largest casual mobile gaming companies in the world. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games with over 82 million downloads and have an extremely strong DAU and MAU user base (80% outside of India). Our game downloads are generated organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
G2W is the publisher of global hit titles such as Parking Frenzy, The “Fab Designer” series, Fashion Diva, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, High School Driving Test, Star Fashion Designer and many other games. Some of our games like Parking Frenzy –are ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game). Power Cricket T20 is ranked #1 in the India Sports category. Almost all of our Mobile Games have hit top app store ranks.
Top investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a Serial Entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an Online Gaming Specialist.
To know more about us, visit us at:
Position Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
You MUST excel at Art, have International Art sensibilities and be able to:
- Conceptualize varied art styles for our mobile games
- Research, reference and then develop the overall look or style of our games
- Work closely with the product managers, developers and game designers to understand the art production requirement and timelines
- Train and direct team members to create high quality graphics, UI and artwork for our games
- Constantly play and benchmark top games for inspiration and understanding of best practices used in the gaming domain
- Inspire the team of artists to create world-class art.
- Doing hands on production task to fulfill all the art requirements of the company.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- You should be an art graduate from a respected Institute
- You should have 5-7 years of total experience in graphic design with a focus on digital and interactive media (a Mobile Gaming background will be preferred)
- You should have exposure to creative sites like Behance, Deviant Art, Pinterest, etc.
- You need to be highly creative with a thorough understanding of the latest art trends
- You must be able to relate with the emotion of the game and understand the audience for the games
- You must have a passion for mobile games, and should be playing iTunes or Android games on a regular basis. If you don’t play mobile games, don’t apply.
Fine Arts Graduate from the reputed art schools listed below:
- Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art (Mumbai)
- Rachana Sansad (Mumbai)
- S. Raheja College of Fine Arts (Mumbai)
- SNDT College (Mumbai)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Fine Arts (Pune)
- Goa College of Art (Goa)
- College of Fine Art (Chennai)
Reporting to: Sumesh G. Pillai – Art Director Games2win
Remuneration & Growth:
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
Our approach is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance. Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
If you are great at your job and excel at Games2win, the sky is the limit for your career, including the satisfaction of having world-class top rated and downloaded games being a part of your portfolio.
If the role interests you, then:
Best of Luck!
Send in your thoughts, along with your introduction and expectations to email@example.com
(Note – we do not want to receive your application without your completed assignment)