Job Description for Mobile Game Producer
Position: Mobile Game Producer
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Games2win Product Managers, with dotted line reporting to Delivery Head
Experience required: Someone with a 2 to 4 years of work experience
Who do we need?
Game Producers who work closely with Product Managers at Games2win. Product Managers define the games they plan to publish for the year. These games also need updates and porting across platforms (i.e. Android, iOS, Kindle). In order to get these games published on time, as per our quality expectations, Product Managers will rely on YOU, to help define the product, and then to ensure a team of analysts, artists, game designers, engineers, marketers, and quality control, are all in-sync to the game’s project plan.
What will you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work with the Product Managers’ to define the game pipeline for the year
- Assist Product Managers to document the requirements for each release
- Work with the Delivery Head to ensure each game project has a plan in place so that tasks for engineers, testers, artists, analysts, marketers, are understood by them and they have a clear roadmap
- Provide each stakeholder with all the data they require. e.g. Game Design Documents for engineers, Style Guides for artists, Communication materiel for Marketing teams, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date Project Plans
- Do daily meets on each game you are producing
- Report problems/issues to Product Manager, and relevant Heads of Departments
- Coordinate closely with Delivery Head to ensure your resource requirements are met
Who could you be? (Background & Experience)
We would need you to have:
- A deep passion for mobile games.
- Ideally, have produced at least 3 mobile games in the recent past.
- A background in game engineering or game design will be very beneficial as this will help in planning projects and understanding critical components of the game project
- An ability to plan in detail – especially the projects that are given to him.
- An eagle eye for detail, with a passion to deliver on time.
Any degree that proves that you are educated.
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
- Tell us a couple of your ideas on how you would improve the game.
- Outline how you would plan this project, preferably sharing a sample project plan.
- Imagine we need to purchase a “No Damage” in-app purchase. This allows a player to play any level with no damage. Share a Requirements Document you would write to share with engineering, art and testing teams so that the requirement is clear. Your document should cover all use-cases you can think of.
Send your updated resume along with the above-mentioned test assignment to email@example.com, with “Don’t Panic, Hire Me” in the subject line.