Product Managers – Mobile Games
Games2win is one of the largest casual gaming companies in the world and features in the top gaming properties of the world (USA and the World, as per comScore reports). We own over 700 proprietary online games and have an extremely strong DAU and MAU online and mobile user base (80% outside of India) that has been built organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
G2W is the publisher of global hit titles such as Parking Frenzy, The Fab Designer series and 40 other games, with over 45 million downloads worldwide on the iOS, Android & Kindle app stores. Parking Frenzy was ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game).
Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a serial entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an online gaming specialist
Position Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Take ownership of about 3 mobile games that the Company owns or is planning to publish. Later, you could create, develop and publish your own game (after gaining significant experience in the Company).
- This would primarily comprise being the BOSS of the game and hence being responsible for downloads, updates, growth and promotions of the game.
- Monetization management (P/L) and making sure that the game keeps improving w.r.t downloads and revenue.
- Keeping a strict eye on the game analytics, chart movements, consumer feedback, ratings, reviews etc.
- Benchmarking the game to the best of breed games in that category
- Creating a Product Road Map & Calendar of updates, launches, (burials?), and new game ideas. Essentially creating and owning Product Lifecycles of the games you own.
- Making sure that the games make money!
Who could you be? Background and Experience
- You would be an ideal candidate if you have worked in an apps company or mobile games Company before as a Product Manager.
If not, you could still be:
- Someone who has worked in the digital goods business by managing products.
- Someone who comes from the VAS space and has handled key content assets and managed their lifecycles.
- Entrepreneurs who understand business and can make a gaming asset sweat and smile so that it makes money and generates downloads.
- You should be a team player who can seamlessly work with the Production, Art, Programming, Marketing, QA and QC crews of the Company.
- Some kind of degree that proves that you have studied& are educated.
- 3 to 7 years work experience. We are open to the level of experience you bring along.
- You must have industry references of living people.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney, and when Nirvana Venture Funds invested into Games2win – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects – Becoming CEO!
Mobile games and apps are multi billion products in their own right. A single game like Candy Crush made the world go crazy! A product like Clash of Clans has generated 1 billion dollars in revenues! Mobile games and their management can be an extremely lucrative professional career for the young technocrat who understands the world of apps and loves making people have fun. Great product managers become CEO’s of Gaming Companies and that is the opportunity at Games2win!
Next Steps :
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Play our Fashion House (available on Android or iPhone/iPad) and tell us how you would manage the product.
What would you do in terms of updates, product extensions, revenue maximization and other ideas?
How would you make this the next ______ (tell us what you think the game can become)?
If you don’t like Fashion & RPG , then play our game Trailer Parking on any platform and tell us what you would do as its product manager.
Send your CV and thoughts to: email@example.com