Job Description for Senior 3D Artist – Generalist
Position: Senior 3D Artist – Generalist
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Product Manager
Experience required: Someone with 3 to 6 years of work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- You need to be a 3D generalist responsible for creating environment, props, characters and animations for 3D mobile games.
- You will be responsible for planning 3D game pipelines, especially in Unity.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Minimum 3-4 years. Candidate should currently be working in the Gaming Industry.
- Should have strong knowledge of 3D-Modelling, Texturing, Lighting.
- Must be proficient with Maya, 3D Max and Photoshop.
- Experience with the process of making normal maps (transferring the high-poly sculpted detail on low-poly game objects).
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of both high-poly and low-poly modeling of 3D characters for mobile games
- Knowledge of following processes is essential:
- Rigging techniques
- Weight painting techniques
- 3D texturing techniques
- UV mapping techniques
- Bump, specular, and normal maps
- Alpha channels
- Candidate should have worked on projects for both iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Candidate should know how to optimize artworks for all mobile platforms.
- Along with 3D art, the candidate should also have the ability to integrate the 3D animation files into Unity and tweak them as per the game requirements.
- Candidate will be constantly interacting with the development team, product managers and testing team, therefore the candidate should have good communication skills.
- Proactiveness and commitment are of utmost importance.
- Experience in some or all of the following will be an added advantage:
- Making Terrains using Unity 3D
- Knowledge of lighting and shaders in Unity 3D.
- The capability of integrating 3D art and assets in Unity Engine.
- The ability to generate the apk and ipa builds
- Graduate from a reputed institute
- Candidates with an Art school background would be preferred
If this opportunity excites you:
Send your updated resume along with your portfolio link to: email@example.com