Senior Analyst – Mobile Games
Games2win is one of the largest casual gaming companies with over 51 million mobile game downloads. We own over 700 proprietary games and have an extremely strong DAU and MAU online and mobile user base (80% outside of India) that has been built organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
G2W is the publisher of global hit titles such as Parking Frenzy, The “Fab Designer‟ series and 40 other games on the iOS, Android & Kindle app stores. Parking Frenzy was ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game).
Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a serial entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an online gaming specialist.
Position: Senior Analyst – Mobile Games
Position Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- This would primarily comprise being responsible for the analytics of the mobile games business (45 apps across all platforms + growing) and later the online games business across our websites.
- Inherit the analytics dashboards we generate, the various reports, our methodology and then work on them to
- Improve what is measured
- Interpret the data better
- Recommend meaningful suggestions for game changes/game launches based on the data collected.
- Try and ‘visualize’ the data in a manner that makes Product Managers easily understand what goes on inside their games (everyone hates raw numbers and excel sheets) and inspire the PMs to improve the 3 things that matter to all of us:
- Organic virality of the game
- Engagement with the players
- Monetization of the game
- Be able to adopt best practices of the Analytics being used in the Industry and inculcate the same in the Company.
- Work with a team of analysts (that include senior and junior data entry folks) and lead them.
- Be able to make numbers tell stories! To be able to use the power of analysis to make a dramatic shift in the business KPIs via strong recommendations.
Who could you be? Background and Experience
- You would be an ideal candidate if you have worked in an apps company or mobile games Company before as an Analytics head/owner.
If not, you could still be
- Someone who has worked extensively with digital data as an Analyst.
- An e-commerce data specialist who understands key metric measurements and how to interpret them.
- A professional analyst who can just take data over and make sense of it!
- Someone who knows Excel well and also may have done base programming
– Some kind of degree that proves that you have studied & are educated.
– You must have industry references of living people.
Who will you be reporting to?
Gaurav Acharekar – The Head of Analytics of Games2win.com
Age & Experience
2+ years work experience. We are open to the level of experience you bring along.
Working in line with
The already existing analysts team in the Company (Approx. 5 people).
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney, and when Nirvana Venture Funds invested into Games2win – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects
Insights, numbers and analytics can make or break a games fortune. This is a dream job for someone who wants to make games and numbers dance together and make it a profitable performance! We want someone who can come in and make our games go a 100x further just using the power of data and analytics.
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Play our game Parking Frenzy (available on Android or iPhone/iPad) and tell us what would you measure inside the game and WHY. Just make a list of your suggested data points and describe them in one line on why you think that data item is important. How can the data you measure make the game better?
Send your CV and thoughts to: email@example.com – Head of Analytics, Games2win