Job Description for Cricket Games Designer
Position: Cricket Games Designer
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Alok Kejriwal – CEO
Experience required: Someone with 3+ years of work experience specifically in Cricket Games
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the head of product – the CEO in conceiving and creating cricket game ideas. Having a deep knowledge of Cricket is a must.
- Be able to design in-depth and structured Game Design Documents using the best practices available in the industry. Provide with ample and correct references/guidelines in the document for the art and development teams. Constantly update oneself and the game design/product teams with new innovations in game design practices.
- Work with the promotions and analytics team in understanding the game update cycle and requirements.
- Involve actively during the production phase and work with the creative, art, development & QC team to assess that the design objectives are being fulfilled.
- Be adept at Level Design for different types of games as per the requirement.
- Design missions and prototype different gameplay variations during production, playtest them and take feedbacks.
- Create user-friendly controls which are easy to master; for touch-screen mobile platform.
- Constantly play and research other games for ideas regarding smart game design.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- At least 3+ years of experience in designing games for iOS / Android.
- Experience in working with F2P games.
- Experience with creating game design documents from concept briefs. This would include defining game rules, level progression, and defining the user-interface in the game.
- Level Design knowledge on Unity 3D
- We are seeking someone with strong Game and Level Design knowledge.
- A passion for casual and mobile games, and should be playing iOS or Android games on a regular basis.
- Good English Writing Skills and presentation skills: It is really important that your design and documents are conveyed to the readers.
- Skill to create easy and clear game flow and UI flow.
- Knowledge about successful cricket games in the mobile games market, what is currently trending and know-how about design elements that made those games successful.
- Should be able to relate to the emotion of the game and understand the game audience.
- Any art or technical skills will be an added bonus.
- Graduate/Diploma Degree holder in Game Designing or any other equivalent educational background.
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Please play the WCC 2 game on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nextwave.wcc2) and tell us 3 things that you would do to considerably improve the game.
Send your updated resume along with the above-mentioned test assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org