Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: CTO
Experience required: Someone with 4 to 6 years of work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
Responsible for managing all our websites and server in-house operations.
This will involve:
- Monitoring all our servers and processes – e.g. server uptime, backups completed.
- Troubleshooting problems that arise on the site, and taking proactive action on them. This includes apache / mysql / potsgres / RoR problems/ MongoDb Replication and coordinating with the development teams to resolve them.
- Be part of our build process – deploy apps, take backups of old db and app.
- Basic management of Amazon EC2 services – managing instances, starting/stopping, monitoring costs.
- Handle internal LAN / Active Directory / Squid configuration requirements.
- Create and update all documentation, accurately and relevantly.
- Ensuring fixes are implemented in appropriate time-frames.
- Knowledge of SVN server.
- Monitoring on nagios server.
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- At least 4 to 5 years experience as a system administrator with 1 to 1.5years of cloud computing experience.
- The ideal candidate would have past experience administering servers of a popular dot-com, for both Windows and Linux servers. Exposure to database maintenance scripting (Slony, Mysql), Linux shell scripting and Amazon cloud management is a bonus.
- Team player, good learner, problem solver, good communication skills.
- B.E./B.Tech or Science graduate. Certifications preferred.
If this opportunity excites you:
Send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org