Senior Linux Administrator
Games2win – Based in Mumbai and San Francisco is a gigantic casual games company, operating across a global footprint, leveraging its own & partner IP to create an entertaining gaming experience.
The Company has clocked over 135 million game downloads across the iTunes, Android, Windows and Kindle platforms. Some of our games – Driving Academy, Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, Friends Forever, International Fashion Stylist and Fashion Diva have topped the global app charts. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games and an extremely strong DAU and MAU user base (70% outside of India).
Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors & Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – serial entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone, an online gaming specialist.
Games2win – Google Play Store
Games2win – iTunes
Games2win – Website
Position: Senior Linux Administrator
Position Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
Responsible for managing all our websites and server in-house operations.
This will involve:
- Monitoring all our servers and processes – e.g. server uptime, backups completed.
- Trouble-shooting problems that arise on the site, and taking proactive action on them. This includes apache / mysql / potsgres / RoR problems/ MongoDb Replication, and coordinating with the development teams to resolve them.
- Be part of our build process – deploy apps, take backups of old db and app.
- Basic management of Amazon EC2 services – managing instances, starting / stopping, monitoring costs.
- Handle internal LAN / ActiveDirectory / Squid configuration requirements.
- Create and update all documentation, accurately and relevantly.
- Ensuring fixes are implemented in appropriate time-frames.
- Knowledge of SVN server.
- Monitoring on nagios server.
- Knowledge on Shell Scripting.
Who could you be? Background and Experience
- At least 4 to 5 years experience as a system administrator with 1 to 1.5years of cloud computing experience.
- The ideal candidate would have past experience administering servers of a popular dot-com, for both Windows and Linux servers. Exposure to database maintenance scripting (Slony, Mysql), Linux shell scripting and Amazon cloud management is a bonus.
- Team player, good learner, problem solver, good communication skills.
– B.E./B.Tech or Science graduate. Certifications preferred.
Who will you be reporting to?
Mr. Mahesh Khambadkone – CTO of Games2win
Age & Experience
– Minimum 4-5 years experience, with 1 year experience working on cloud deployments (e.g. EC2 / Rackspace).
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney, and when Nirvana Venture Funds invested into Games2win – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects: This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with ONLINE GAMING as an industry and be responsible for scaling up a start up venture to a large business. The scope to experiment, innovate and pioneer search and discovery ideas and concepts will be enormous. The success in popularizing a start up website through innovative features, user friendliness and speed will be a very impressive credential for any Lead Developer. The gaming market is poised for immense growth and the candidate can look forward to a very long term vertical growth curve in this industry.
The candidate can vertically grow into a Tech Lead management position as he/she scales up.