Senior Technical Lead
Games2win is one of the largest casual gaming companies in the world and features in the top gaming properties of the world (USA and the World, as per comScore reports). We own over 700 proprietary online games and have an extremely strong DAU and MAU online and mobile user base (80% outside of India) that has been built organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
G2W is the publisher of global hit titles such as Parking Frenzy, The “Fab Designer” series and 40 other games, with over 45 million downloads worldwide on the iOS, Android & Kindle app stores. Parking Frenzy was ranked #1 on the US iTunes App Store (free app & game).
Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a serial entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an online gaming specialist
Position: Senior Technical Lead
Position Based in: Mumbai
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Meet with and understand product requirements from our various product managers – specifically the back-end requirements. This can include leaderboards, push notifications, messaging, efficient content distribution, and supporting dynamic content.
- Work with engineers to architect and then implement relevant solutions, getting involved hands-on where required. Your ability to understand the constraints app / game developers need to work with, is important.
- Oversee relevant existing backend infrastructure games2win already operates. This includes, but is not restricted to, push notifications systems, in-game ad networks, and the games2win.com & gangofgamers.com websites.
- Actual hands-on coding. This is not an architecture role, but more a thought-design-try-roll-out leadership role.
- With the CTO, build your team out. This can include working with partners, evaluating technical competence.
Who could you be? Background and Experience
- You are responsible developing applications that have a strong client-server architecture, specifically for SmartPhones.
- (This excludes expertise building VAS-era payment gateways or content management systems.)
- You are an expert in PHP / Ruby / Python, and are not averse to working with new (to you) technologies.
- You have contributed or extensively use (and therefore are abreast of updates) to projects on GitHub or similar open-source projects.
- Practitioner of best-practices for software development. This can include being conversant with VCS, cloud based deployment, using test harnesses, etc.
- Be a team player. This requires being able to articulate a point of view when necessary.
Qualification:Graduate/ Post graduate in IT/Computer Sc.
Who will you be reporting to?
The CTO, Mr. Mahesh Khambadkone
Age & Experience
At least 6-8 years of experience as a developer, with a minimum 2-3 years exposure working on Smartphone applications.
Working in line with
Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering teams.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney, and when Nirvana Venture Funds invested into Games2win – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects–This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with CASUAL MOBILE GAMING as an industry and be responsible for scaling up a start up venture to a large business. The gaming market is poised for immense growth and the candidate can look forward to a very long term vertical growth curve in this industry.
The candidate can vertically grow into a publishing management or tech developer position as he/she scales up.
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Play our game Best Friends Forever (Android or iOS).This is a single-player, dress-up game. All of the art assets you see in the game are tagged with IDs. All the art assets are embedded in the game, but could be programmed to be downloaded instead.
We propose to add a couple of social / competitive layers to the game, and would like to hear your approach and proposed architecture for this solution.
Layers to add :
1) The app should check for new levels and / or art dynamically.
2) Periodically, we will run challenges. The user would receive a push notification and be given an assignment to do. (e.g. Dress up your Best Friend for a party at the beach). The game would open up in a new Challenge screen, with the character and a defined set of clothing options for the player to dress up in. On completion, the dress would be submitted to our team for review. Winners would be selected basis several parameters, including speed, votes (see below) and accuracy.
3) A gallery where dresses submitted for the above contests would be open to other players to vote on. (a simple proprietary Like)
How do you propose to implement the above requirements ? Please be as specific as possible, assuming you would have to guide a technical team on the expected flow.
How would you architect the solution, considering the various components :
- Art assets to be downloaded over mobile internet connections
- Ratings will have to be unique
- App will be a non-HTML app, and therefore be largely REST-based or an equivalent.
Game will be successful 🙂 so how would you scale for traffic ?
Send your CV @: email@example.com – The CTO, Mr. Mahesh Khambadkone, Games2win