Games2win (G2W) is the publisher of Parking Frenzy, the game with over 16 million downloads worldwide on iOS and Android. Parking Frenzy was also ranked #1 on the US iTunes Appstore.
Our other hit games include Turbo Cricket on Android,Super Mom on iOS and Fab Tattoo Artist on Kindle Appstore. In total, we have
developed and published over 45 mobile games, touching more than 35 million downloads.
We are one of the fastest growing online gaming companies in the world and feature in the top 20 online gaming properties (USA and World) (comScore
reports). Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors & Saama Capital have funded G2W.
What’s the opportunity?
With the success of our mobile games such as Parking Frenzy on iOS/Android, and Fab Tattoo Designer on Kindle, we are now embarking on an ambitious plan to
produce 24 mobile games in the next 12 months.
As we build more of our games on the Unity platform, we require experienced and passionate developers to join our team.
You will be ably partnered by our team of programmers, artists and designers who have collectively delivered over 300 casual games.
Position: Unity Programmer.
Position Based in – Mumbai.
You will be reporting into: Unity Technical Lead.
Background and Experience –
- Minimum 3 years experience in mobile game development on Smartphones, with a total of at least 1 years with Unity.
- Experience with iOS and Android games. Any exposure to Windows games on Unity will be a plus.
- Experience integrating and trouble-shooting third-party SDKs in Unity – MoPub, Flurry, Facebook, other Prime31 SDKs, ad networks.
- At least 3 games on App Store
What the Job is all about (Role and Responsibility):
- Understand GDDs of games to be developed, discuss the requirements with producers and artists, and plan the development with your team and technical lead.
- Take ownership of delivering a game from start to finish, coordinating with art, design and QA teams, up until publishing of the game.
- Prototype game concepts rapidly.
- Write code as per standards.
- Keep up to date on relevant core technologies and best practices, so as to make suggestions to product teams on new game mechanics or APIs available.
To do so, you should be:
- Be someone with strong fundamentals in mobile game development : understand design patterns, architecture of games, and device APIs.
- Have strong knowledge of gaming algorithms, with ability to tackle problems logically.
- Be very fluent with Unity.
- Be comfortable with Xcode & Objective C, as well Eclipse.
- Have experience using non-gaming APIs for, e.g., fetching and storing Data for web services, databases or disk access.
- Be proficient with debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games.
You Should be:
- Must love game programming.
- Must love working with a team.
- Must be approachable and a hands-on problem solver.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Someone who is self-motivated, quick learner and adapts to new technologies easily.
Have coded some awesome mobile games in Unity.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.*
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make the candidate actually take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of
what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects –
This is a dream job for someone who’s looking to be involved in original game IP being developed for the mobile space, and to have your game played
globally by millions of players. The scope to make a mark as a successful game developer is huge, as is the requirement to experiment, ideate and pioneer
new game play ideas. The mobile games market is booming, and the successful candidate can look forward to a very long term vertical growth curve in this
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org