Job Description for Technical Lead – Unity
Position: Technical Lead – Unity
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Mahesh Khambadkone (CTO)
Experience required: Someone with 6 to 8 years of work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Be the tech lead for all game projects in Unity.
- Prototype and/or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Troubleshoot issues that the various game teams are facing with Unity games. These include solving game-related bugs, issues with ad SDKs, leaderboard APIs and any device specific issues that may crop up.
- Review game code from the team and from partners to ensure they adhere to standards and are coded well.
- Define standards to be followed for games in Unity.
- Understand GDDs of games to be developed, and be able to think ahead of implementation challenges in delivering the game. Basis this, provide relevant feedback to management and rest of the game team.
- Work with the art teams to define art formats required, and be responsible for ensuring the art is working in the game.
- Keep up to date on relevant core technologies and best practices, so as to make suggestions to product teams on new game mechanics or APIs available.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
Minimum 6 years’ experience in mobile game development on Smartphones, with a total of at least 3 years with Unity.
- Experience with iOS and Android games. Any exposure to Windows games on Unity will be a plus.
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting third-party SDKs in Unity – MoPub, Flurry, Facebook, other Prime31 SDKs, and ad networks.
- At least 10 games on App Store
- Someone with strong fundamentals in mobile game development: understand design patterns, the architecture of games, and device APIs
- Be very fluent in Unity3D
- A person who has worked with Xcode & Objective C, as well Eclipse
- Someone with experience working with non-gaming APIs for fetching and storing Data for web services, databases or disk access.
- A person who is proficient in debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games.
B.E./B.Tech or MCA. Certifications preferred.
Send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org