Unity Technical Leads – Games2win wants you !
Games2win – Based in Mumbai and San Francisco is a gigantic casual games company, operating across a global footprint, leveraging its own & partner IP to create an entertaining gaming experience.
The Company has clocked over 135 million game downloads across the iTunes, Android, Windows and Kindle platforms. Some of our games – Driving Academy, Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, Friends Forever, International Fashion Stylist and Fashion Diva have topped the global app charts. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games and an extremely strong DAU and MAU user base (70% outside of India).
Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors & Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – serial entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone, an online gaming specialist.
Games2win – Google Play Store
Games2win – iTunes
Games2win – Website
Position : Technology Lead – Unity Games
Position Based in – Mumbai
Reporting to: CTO who is Mahesh Khambadkone
Background and Experience
- Minimum 6 years experience in mobile game development on Smartphones, with a total of at least 3 years with Unity.
- Experience with iOS and Android games. Any exposure to Windows games on Unity will be a plus.
- Experience integrating and trouble-shooting third-party SDKs in Unity – MoPub, Flurry, Facebook, other Prime31 SDKs, and ad networks.
- At least 10 games on App Store
What the Job is all about (Role and Responsibility):
- Be tech lead for all game projects in Unity.
- Prototype and / or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Troubleshoot issues that the various game teams are facing with Unity games. These include solving game-related bugs, to issues with ad SDKs, leaderboard APIs and any device specific issues that may crop-up.
- Review game code from team and from partners to ensure they adhere to standards, and are coded well.
- Define standards to be followed for games in Unity.
- Understand GDDs of games to be developed, and be able to think ahead of implementation challenges in delivering the game. Basis this, provide relevant feedback to management and rest of the game team.
- Work with the art teams to define art formats required, and be responsible for ensuring the art works in the game.
- Keep up to date on relevant core technologies and best practices, so as to make suggestions to product teams on new game mechanics or APIs available.
To do so, you should be:
- Someone with strong fundamentals in mobile game development : understand design patterns, architecture of games, and device APIs
- Be very fluent with Unity3D
- A person who has worked with Xcode & Objective C, as well Eclipse
- Someone with experience working with non-gaming APIs for fetching and storing Data for web services, databases or disk access.
- A person who is proficient with debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games
You should be:
- Must love game programming.
- Must love working with a team.
- Must be approachable and a hands-on problem solver.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Someone who is self-motivated, quick learner and adapts to new technologies easily
Have coded some awesome mobile games in Unity3D.
Remuneration – As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course
*In the exit of mobile2win China to Disney – the group has now a proven track record of demonstrating how valuable its company ESOPs can be.
The idea is to make the candidate actually take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and prospects – This is a dream job for someone who’s looking to be involved in original game IP being developed for the mobile space, and to have your game played globally by millions of players. The scope to make a mark as a successful game developer is huge, as is the requirement to experiment, ideate and pioneer new game play ideas. The mobile games market is booming, and the successful candidate can look forward to a very long term vertical growth curve in this industry.
Send your thoughts with your introduction and expectations to: email@example.com