Position: Technical Director
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Mahesh Khambadkone (CTO)
Experience required: Someone with 8 to 12 years of work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Be the technical architect for all our game projects – Prototype and/or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Understand product requirements from Product Managers and scope out technical feasibility and approach. This also involves planning for any implementation challenges and providing relevant feedback to management.
- Prototype and/or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Templatize various code repositories to facilitate better re-use.
- Periodically review game code from the team and any external partners to ensure that they are as per your specifications.
- Define workflows to be followed by art teams.
- Troubleshoot issues that various game teams are facing with Unity games, which include solving game-related bugs, issues with ad SDKs, leaderboard APIs and any device-specific issues that may crop up.
- Assist the Delivery Head in estimating timelines for projects.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in mobile game development on Smartphones, with at least 6 years with Unity.
- Strong knowledge of the Unity pipeline and should be comfortable working on both 3D and 2D games.
- Have demonstrated experience solving performance and size issues on lower-end Android & iOS devices.
- Someone with strong fundamentals in mobile-game development: understand design patterns, the architecture of games, and device APIs
- A person who has worked with Xcode & Objective C, as well as Eclipse
- Someone with experience working with APIs such as Firebase and any private backend services for consumption
- A person who is proficient in debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games.
Send your updated resume to email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be given a technical assignment of a high-end Problem Statement to be solved. (For example, We want to introduce multi-player driving in our game – Driving Academy. Here is the link to download and play this game, before attempting the assignment.) We would require you to think through the scope and requirements, and come back to us with :
- Your technical recommendations
- Specific questions you may have about our existing game code, and why it’s relevant
- A technical architecture description of the new components required and how they would interplay with our existing game
- Specific caveats or concerns that you have
- How you would phase the development of the project