(Please read this entire JD carefully. There is a call for action request at the end of the post that you need to action should you be interested in applying for this job)
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: The Co-Founders of the Company
Experience Require – Minimum 1 Years of Experience
Whom do we need?
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to produce high-quality Game development documents that contribute to the overall success of our products.
Games2win is a large global publisher of mobile games with over 230 million downloads. We create our own IP and publish our own games.
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the Product Manager in conceiving and creating game ideas.
- Be able to design in-depth and structured Game Design Documents using the best practices available in the industry. Provide with ample and correct references/guidelines in the document for the art and development teams. Constantly update oneself and the game design/product teams with new innovations in game design practices.
- Work with the Product Manager and analytics team in understanding the game update cycle and requirements, and create the necessary design documents accordingly.
- Involve actively during the production phase and work with the creative, art, development & QC team to assess that the design objectives are being fulfilled.
- Be adept at Level Design for different types of games as per the requirement.
- Design missions and prototype different gameplay variations during production, playtest them and take feedbacks.
- Create user-friendly controls which are easy to master; for touch-screen mobile platform.
- Constantly play and research other games for ideas regarding smart game design.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Someone with a minimum of 4 years of work experience
- You need to love to write and be as detailed as possible.
- Have strong communication skills, an immaculate command on English and its grammar.
- You must have the ability to be able to create easy to understand and use technical documents that can also be reused as a template
- Be able to create simple diagrams, placeholder artwork to help explain the game flow.
- A background of technology will be compulsory so that you can understand, question and clarify the requirements as you write them.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering or another related field is preferred
If the role interests you, then we have a small assignment for you:
Step 1: Read this document without too much attention to the details – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DXY8LRtQkxlweZq-c307fyH9RhTvOrf4CMeid5Y0x8E/edit
Step 2: Understand our problem:
This is a document that a game designer makes for a programmer and the testing team. These are the problems we have encountered with such docs:
– Programmers forget / miss certain parts
– Different Game Designers create their own version of this document, leading to inconsistency.
– There is a lot of human interaction involved between programmers and game designers to make the game a reality. We want to achieve a level of Quality of a document that could deliver a product with minimum interaction.
Step 3: Your suggestions
Please send us your feedback on the document and how you would improve it if you were working with us? Focus on
– Structure (what would you improve)
– Clarity (what confused you)
– Conciseness (could this document be made crisper)
– Flow (any suggestions)
This is the document link again:
Best of Luck!
Send your assignment and updated resume to email@example.com