Mobile Game Producer
Games2win is one of the largest casual mobile gaming companies in the world. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games with over 125 million downloads and an extremely strong DAU and MAU user base (50% outside of India). All our game downloads are generated organically, without advertising support or paid installations. Most of our games have notched top ranks on App stores.
To know more about us, visit us at:
Games2win – Google Play Store
Games2win – iTunes
Games2win – Website
Position: Mobile Game Producer
Position Based in: Mumbai
Reporting To: Product Managers, with dotted line reporting to Delivery Head
Experience Required: Someone with 2 to 4 years of work experience
Who We Need ?
Game Producers who work closely with Product Managers at Games2win. Product Managers define the games they plan to publish for the year and the download & revenue targets each game will achieve monthly. These games also need updates and porting across platforms (i.e. Android, iOS, Kindle). In order to get these games published on time, as per our quality expectations, Product Managers will rely on YOU, to help define the product, and then to ensure a team of analysts, artists, game designers, engineers, marketeers, and quality control, are all in-sync to the game’s project plan.
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work with the Product Managers’ to understand and help define the game pipeline for the year
- Ensure each game project has a plan in place, so that tasks for engineers, testers, artists, analysts, marketers, are understood by them and they have a clear roadmap
- Provide each stakeholder with all the data they require . e.g. Game Design Documents for engineers, Style Guides for artists, Communication guys for Marketing teams, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date Project Plans
- Do daily meets on each game you are producing
- Report problems / issues to Product Manager, and relevant Heads of Departments
- Coordinate closely with Delivery Head to ensure your resource requirements are met
Who Could You Be? (Background & Experience)
The candidate should have :
1) passion in games
2) ideally have produced at least 3 mobile games in the recent past
3)some background in game engineering will be very beneficial as this will help in planning projects and understanding critical components of the game project
4) ability to plan his life, and therefore, projects he takes on
5) an eagle eye for detail, with a passion to deliver games
- Some kind of degree that proves that you have studied and are educated.
- You must have industry references of living people.
- 2 to 4 years of work experience
Games2win likes to meet candidates and then offer them compensation on the basis of their experience and passion.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.* (Our ESOPs are very valuable, and have proven to enrich employees)
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth & Prospects:
This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with ONLINE GAMING as an industry and be responsible for scaling up a start up venture to a large business. The gaming market is poised for immense growth and the candidate can look forward to a very long term vertical growth curve in this industry.
The candidate can vertically grow into a Game Producer Role or Delivery Head.
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
- Tell us a couple of your ideas on how you would improve the game.
- Outline how you would plan this project, ideally sharing a sample project plan.
- Tell us how you would manage 5 such projects running concurrently. This could be tools you will deploy, processes you would follow, people you may hire, citing past examples where possible.
Send your updated resume along with the above mentioned test assignment to: email@example.com, with “Don’t Panic, Hire Me” in the subject line.