Mobile Game Producer
Games2win – Based in Mumbai and San Francisco is a gigantic casual games company, operating across a global footprint, leveraging its own & partner IP to create an entertaining gaming experience.
The Company has clocked 94 million game downloads across the iTunes, Android, Windows and Kindle platforms. Some of our games – Parking Frenzy, High School Driving Test, Star Fashion Designer, Fab Tattoo Design Studio & Fashion Diva have topped the global app charts. We own over 50 proprietary mobile games and an extremely strong DAU and MAU user base (80% outside of India). All our game downloads are generated organically, without ANY advertising support or paid installations.
Top investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, Nirvana Venture Advisors and Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W. The founders of G2W Inc. are Alok Kejriwal – a Serial Entrepreneur and Mahesh Khambadkone – an Online Gaming Specialist.
To know more about us, visit us at:
Games2win – Google Play Store
Games2win – iTunes
Games2win – Website
Position: Mobile Game Producer
Position Based in: Mumbai
Reporting To: Product Managers, with dotted line reporting to Delivery Head, who is Mahesh Khambadkone
Experience Required: Someone with 2 to 4 years of work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work with the Product Managers’ to understand and help define the game pipeline for the year
- Ensure each game project has a plan in place, so that tasks for engineers, testers, artists, analysts, marketers, are understood by them and they have a clear roadmap
- Provide each stakeholder with all the data they require . e.g. Game Design Documents for engineers, Style Guides for artists, Communication guys for Marketing teams, etc.
- Do daily meets on each game you are producing
- Report problems / issues to Product Manager, and relevant Heads of Departments
- Maintain up-to-date Project Plans
Who We Need ?
Game Producers who work closely with Product Managers at Games2win. Product Managers define the games they plan to publish for the year and the download & revenue targets each game will achieve monthly. These games also need updates and porting across platforms (i.e. Android, iOS, Kindle). In order to get these games published on time, as per our quality expectations, Product Managers will rely on YOU, to help define the product, and then to ensure a team of analysts, artists, game designers, engineers, marketeers, and quality control, are all in-sync to the game’s project plan.
Who Could You Be? (Background & Experience)
The candidate should have :
1) a smartphone
2) desire to play games
3) ideally have produced at least 3 mobile games in the recent past
4) some background in game design will be very beneficial
5) ability to plan his life, and therefore, projects he takes on
6) past relevant experience, which includes :-
- Someone with a game design background who has taken game concepts to launch
- Someone who has taken on project management responsibilities and worked closely with clients to mould the project specifications, ideally for games, and has a stellar record in getting projects out on time
- Someone with an eagle eye for detail, with a passion to deliver games
Preference will be given to the person with a strong understanding of the game development process, as this helps anticipate problem areas and triage issues to the Product Manager.
- Some kind of degree that proves that you have studied and are educated.
- You must have industry references of living people.
- 3 to 4 years of work experience
Games2win likes to meet candidates and then offer them compensation on the basis of their experience and passion.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.* (Our ESOPs are very valuable, and have proven to enrich employees)
The idea is to make you take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
If this role interests you, then we have some homework for you:
Play our game High School Driving Test (iOS) or Car Drivng & Parking School (Android).
- Tell us a couple of your ideas on how you would improve the game.
- Outline how you would plan this project, ideally sharing a sample project plan.
- Tell us how you would manage 5 such projects running concurrently. This could be tools you will deploy, processes you would follow, people you may hire, citing past examples where possible.
Send your updated resume along with the above mentioned test assignment to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Don’t Panic, Hire Me” in the subject line.