Role: QA Lead – Games
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: CTO
Experience Required: 8+ Years of Experience
As a QA Lead, you need to drive the overall quality of games published by Games2win. This involves approaching a game from the player’s perspective and addressing the KPI’s of each product release.
You would need to understand the KPIs of each product and the updates we are planning, and translate them to tests that your team will execute. You will work closely with Product Management and always pay attention to the player’s experience.
You will manage a team of experienced testers, and take responsibility for test case management and the work that your team does. You will define tools that the team may use, such as test case management tools or automation tools.
What would you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the Product Team (comprising Product Managers and the CEO) to understand what each game’s update is about. Translate these requirements into test plans that your team must execute.
- Review Requirements and Builds from a Player’s Perspective ; what is a nuisance, what does not feel right, what is confusing ? And provide constructive feedback to the Product and Delivery Teams.
- Keep an eye to optimize test plans by periodically reviewing the productivity of you team, the test cases they are executing and weeding out inefficiencies. Given that we operate similar games, you will find test cases that can be shared across games, and there will be knowledge from individual testers that can be shared with the team.
- Work with your QA Managers to estimate effort for all testing activities, and ensure the teams complete the test phases on time
- Collaborate with the various teams (Engineering, Analysts, Delivery) in planning, prioritizing and delivering quality products and programs.
- Coordinate with external partners for resource planning and billing.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between test teams and develop relevant training programs.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience in a senior testing role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience shipping mobile games from start to finish in a leadership role, working alongside development teams
- Sound understanding of QA stages, tools and techniques in mobile gaming.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with an ability to inspire others
- Familiarity managing multiple on site and external test teams
- Proven experience hiring, training and mentoring other senior team members to build a strong team around them
- Use of Test Case Management software
- Understanding technical and performance requirements of mobile games, and create test plans to confirm our compliance. For example, testing for compliance of new OS features or game performance across low to high devices.
- Any past experience identifying and driving creation of automation tools (either off the shelf or custom) for Unity games, and driving their adoption, will be an added bonus
Good to have:
- Play testing and Usability testing experience
- Administration experience of JIRA bug tracking databases including setup of workflows relevant for their teams
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with additional certifications in Quality Assurance
If this QA Lead – Games Role at Games2win interests you, then we have a small assignment:
Please use this Form to start the application process and we will be in touch!