Position: 3D Generalist
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Art Director
Experience required: 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Creating high quality optimized 3D assets including characters, backgrounds and props for mobile games.
- Experience working with Unity/and or game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Work in a variety of artistic styles ranging from realistic to stylized and cartoony.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Mobile games.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Environment / Props artist in mobile game development
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- Must be proficient with Maya, Unity and Photoshop.
- Experience with the process of making normal maps (transferring the high-poly sculpted detail on low-poly game objects).
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of both high-poly and low-poly modeling of 3D characters for mobile games
- Candidate should have worked on projects for both iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Candidate should know how to optimize artworks for all mobile platforms.
- Along with 3D art, the candidate should also have the ability to integrate the 3D files into Unity and tweak them as per the game requirements.
- Candidate will be constantly interacting with the development team, product managers and testing team, therefore the candidate should have good communication skills.
- Proactiveness and commitment are of utmost importance.
- Experience in some or all of the following will be an added advantage:
- Making Terrains using Unity 3D
- Knowledge of lighting and shaders in Unity 3D.
- Know-how of basic Unity scripting and the build creation process.
- Graduate from a reputed institute
- Candidates with an Art school background would be preferred
If this opportunity excites you then send us answers to the below assignment at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV, etc.
- Follow the steps below:
- Download the 3D-model of Aston Martin DB11 from this link
- Model the dashboard view of the Aston Martin DB11 Car as per the wireframe and image references given.
- Poly-count of the dashboard view should be within 1500 tris.
- Interior should be separate from exterior but properly snapped
- Steering and Back-view mirror should be separate.
- Size of texture map should 512×512
- Use only two materials:
- Diffuse material =1
- Reflective material =1
- Submit the assignment in FBX format with texture files.
- This assignment will be used in our projects, only if candidate gets hired at Games2win.
Best of Luck!