The Social Network for Apps!
We want Community Managers!
Appucino (http://appucino.com) is a new social network for Android, Web and iOS Apps. Appucino comprises a few lines of code that can be cozily integrated into Apps, to magically create social features such as location-based leaderboards and chat (for those apps)!
We believe that the future of entertainment belongs to Apps. Since so many Apps get released everyday, it’s tough to get Apps discovered by consumers and even tougher to keep their App users engaged and loyal. Appucino solves this major challenge via its magical features (ahem – its social and local features).
Check out one success story of Appucino here.
The Company behind Appucino!
Appucino is a business of Games2win (G2W). G2W is one of the fastest growing online gaming companies in the world and features in the top 20 online gaming properties (USA and World) (comScore reports). Top tier investors such as Clearstone Venture Partners, & Silicon Valley Bank have funded G2W.
G2W has already developed over 40 mobile games, touching 11 million downloads. Some of our top hits are Parking Frenzy and Turbo Cricket on the Android, and Supermom and Best Friends Forever on the iOS.
What’s the opportunity?
Position: To be the Community Manager for Appucino
Position is Based in: Mumbai
You will be Reporting to: Vivek Manghnani – Appucino Product Head
Background and experience:
You could be someone who has spent time creating and managing online communities. You must be someone who knows how to grow communities virally, engage them and make them feel special, emotional and dependent about the network you operate.
What the job is all about – Roles & Responsibilities:
Appucino is a rapidly growing community of registered members and casual guests. Our users enjoy Appucino via games or apps across the web and mobile. Most of the times we know ‘where’ these users come from since Appucino requests for their locations.
We want our Community custodian to really understand, interact and grow the Appucino community and create interactions between members.
To do so, we need a Community Manager who can help us:
- Interact with, and engage our registered members and increase sociality amongst the users
- Understand user behavior and create content that members would like, share and get engrossed with
- Create a communications content calendar to add value to the community and its users
- Manage the community and steer them towards deeper social engagement with each other
You could be:
- A person who has worked in a Social Media Company
- A person who has been part of Market Research firms and been actively involved in asking pertinent questions and creating interactions between consumers, based on a scientific reasoning and understanding.
- Someone with an active Online presence with a large following and engagement creation ability.
You should be:
- Someone who is extremely data and number centric and driven by analytics and spreadsheets; someone who asks ‘how much’ & ‘how many’, before ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how’. You should be very comfortable in tabulating and presenting data.
- A team player open to working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Someone who is SOCIAL and vibrant. You must live & breathe people and sociality!
- Someone open to lot of trials & experiments and false starts; willing to improvise models till the right one comes along.
- Someone who has a keen interest in social gaming, as well as an interest in new and emerging social networks
We really are open to persons with Ph.Ds or 10th standard failed grades.
We need the right person – not an impressive marksheet.
As a practice, we have typically matched candidates with their existing salary packages and throw in lucrative performance incentives; and of course ESOPs.
* Check this real story of the success of our ESOPs.
The idea is to make the candidate actually take an ownership role and then provide additional compensation on performance.
Note that we do not want people to join us just for a better salary. We don’t bribe people to join us. Instead, we want people to join us for the love of what we do and the opportunity to shine professionally!
Growth and Prospects:
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be associated with next generation Social Media engagement as an industry and be responsible for scaling up a start up social network venture to a large business. The scope to experiment, innovate and pioneer local & social network ideas and concepts will be enormous. The mobile apps market, and specifically the gaming market, is poised for immense growth in India and the candidate can look forward to a very long-term vertical growth curve in this industry.
If you are interested:
- Simply write down a few lines of your past experience(s) pertaining to social engagements
- Tell us about one social community that you really are impressed by. What makes you so fond of this community? What are the few key insights and ideas implemented by this community that has made it so successful? What is the ‘wow’ about this community you like so much?
Answer to these 2 questions above, and mail them with your resume to email@example.com who will then connect with you about the next steps!