Games2win World :
Games2win is a leading global mobile games publisher. Our games have over 500 million downloads and are played by over 10 million monthly active players. We take pride in building our own Intellectual Property (IP) and using the strength of our consumer love to market our games! That’s why most of our downloads are generated without advertising support or paid installations.
A few of our global hit titles are Driving Academy, Decisions, International Fashion Stylist, and many more.
To learn more about us, visit https://games2winmedia.com/company-profile/
Role: Creative Story Editor
Location : Work from Home Forever / Hybrid
Reporting to : Product Manager
Experience required: 3-4 years as a full-time Editor
Who do we need?
Games2win is looking for a talented, experienced editor to lead content for our hugely popular mobile game Decisions, available on both Android and iOS platforms.
The story editor is a primary point of contact for external writers as well as our in-house creative writers. You will work with the interactive fiction writing team and use your expertise and experience in guiding them with crafting characters, plots and story progression. This is a full time position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Edit & enhance the dialogues for our stories and keep them crisp, fun, young and relevant to an American audience while maintaining pre-determined structures & other requirements.
- Generate exciting ideas for stories & write engaging plots for them.
- Evaluate story ideas for potential as interactive stories.
- Help authors resolve issues with story structure, pacing, and quality.
- Create, implement, and manage internal processes related to the writers’ pipeline.
- Create guidance documents for writers new to the project.
- Ensure stories leverage game mechanics appropriately.
- Track the progress of writers and proactively give constructive feedback and provide solutions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write catchy & story specific captions when needed & according to requirements.
- Research and be up to date on the trending genres/themes of stories that are available in the market, which can be used to generate new ideas.
- Be involved in the Production of the story right from idea generation to testing the end result before the story goes live on Decisions.
Who could you be? Background, Experience & Educational Qualification:
- Graduate, with expert-level written and spoken English and impeccable grammar and sentence–construction review skills.
- 5+ years as a full-time editor or editor, with 2 years working with writers in a developmental role.
- Mastery of the structural basics of good storytelling.
- Strong understanding of branching narrative style of writing, which comes along with multiple choices and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task under strict deadlines.
- Strong time and resource management skills.
- On-the-fly problem-solving ability.
- Ability to be creative on demand.
- If this opportunity at Games2win excites you, please complete the following assignment:
Please use this Form to start the application process and we will be in touch!