Role: Creative Content Writer.
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Product Manager
Experience required: 2 to 3 years of work experience as a Content Writer
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Smooth Narratives: Our driving and parking games need to be friendly with smooth narratives which converse with players while they transition through every stage of the game.
- The creative flow should appeal to our target audience of global teens and tweens, (majorly female) who play our games. We often also have characters who speak meaningful and catchy dialogues.
- Our games also have descriptions for every level, explaining to players what the level is about and their task in that level. These descriptions need to be short, crisp, fun and interesting.
- 90% of our players are based in the USA, UK and Global Markets. 10% of our players are based in India.
As a Creative Writer, you would need to:
- Work closely with our Game Designers to write in-game creative descriptions that are short, crisp, fun and friendly.
- Research and write specifically for our target audience – primarily teen and tween females, predominantly from the USA. Make notes on their likes/dislikes, what is trending, etc. You need to be well-versed with the kind of language they speak and like to read.
- You must play top mobile games to research the way they speak to their target audience.
- Undertake research and stay on top of gaming trends in order to create games and
consistently generate good ideas.
- You will be involved in preparing promotional materials for our games like screenshots, promotional banners, videos and App Store descriptions.
- Proofread game-copy to make sure there are no spelling and grammatical errors.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Should have a minimum of 2 years experience in content/copy-writing (in English).
- Must be a team player and a quick learner.
- Should be good at handling pressure and working on deadlines.
- Must be fluent in English communication.
- But most importantly, you need to be an avid gamer, play casual mobile games.
- Interest in Car Driving and Racing games would be an added advantage.
A graduate (from any discipline) with impeccable written(grammar) and spoken English skills. Creative writing skills and certification would be an added advantage.
- If this role as Creative Writer at Games2win interests you, then, please complete the following assignments and send it to us, along with your profile, for consideration.
- Download our game titled ‘Driving Academy 2020 Simulator’ from following links, depending on the type of phone you own:
- Play the first 10 levels of the game.
- Rewrite the text and dialogues that you see in the screens, in your own way(your own writing style) and tell us why you have done so. (Keep in mind the audience that is playing the game, described above) .
- How to Deliver: Capture screenshots of the screens with the text that you are re-writing and then add them in a Google Slides Deck and mention what you would like to change. Please pay attention to all the screens and the messages that you get (there is a game start, gameplay, game end screen per level)
- Download our game titled ‘City Taxi Driving: Driver Sim’ from the following links:
- Play the game and pay attention to the unique passengers that you see in the game and their dialogues at the beginning of each level.
Suggest 10 new passengers for this game with unique personalities and have different and specific types of attitudes and styles. Write dialogues for these 10 characters. Their character and attitude should be identifiable through the dialogues that you write for them. Provide visual references for each character too.
Please note: The passengers must be American in culture and should appeal to the target audience of the game.
Send your CV and Assignment response to: email@example.com