Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Product Manager
Experience required: Someone with 2 to 4 years of work experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the Product Manager in conceiving and creating game ideas.
- Be able to design in-depth and structured Game Design Documents using the best practices available in the industry. Provide with ample and correct references/guidelines in the document for the art and development teams. Constantly update oneself and the game design/product teams with new innovations in game design practices.
- Work with the Product Manager and analytics team in understanding the game update cycle and requirements, and create the necessary design documents accordingly.
- Involve actively during the production phase and work with the creative, art, development & QC team to assess that the design objectives are being fulfilled.
- Be adept at Level Design for different types of games as per the requirement.
- Design missions and prototype different gameplay variations during production, playtest them and take feedbacks.
- Create user-friendly controls which are easy to master; for touch-screen mobile platform.
- Constantly play and research other games for ideas regarding smart game design.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in designing games for iOS / Android.
- Experience in working with F2P games.
- Experience with creating game design documents from concept briefs. This would include defining game rules, level progression, and defining the user-interface in the game.
- Level Design knowledge on Unity 3D
- We are seeking someone with strong Game and Level Design knowledge.
- Ready to explore any given game genre at any time as per the requirement.
- A passion for casual and mobile games, and should be playing iOS or Android games on a regular basis.
- Fresher can also apply if you think you are up to the task.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good English Writing Skills and presentation skills: It is really important that your design and documents are conveyed to the readers.
- Skill to create easy and clear game flow and UI flow.
- Knowledge about successful games in the mobile games market, what is currently trending and know-how about design elements that made those games successful.
- Should be able to relate to the emotion of the game and understand the game audience.
- Any art or technical skills will be an added bonus.
- Graduate/Diploma Degree holder in Game Designing or any other equivalent educational background.
If this opportunity excites you, please complete the following assignment http://www.games2win.com/corporate/game-designer-assignment.docx
Then, send your assignment and updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org