Position: Medical Surgery Simulator Games – Game Designer
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Product Manager
Experience required: A medical professional who has an interest and knowledge of surgical procedures, operating room procedures, equipment etc. and is interested in simulator games.
Why this position?
At Games2win, we make entertaining casual mobile games that our consumers love to play! Our success comes from making games that are ‘everyday life’ routines such as driving and parking cars, dressing up, reading engaging stories, etc.
We sense a huge opportunity in the ‘Medical Surgery Simulator ‘ games bracket. Youth nowadays are keen on becoming doctors and surgeons, when they grow up. Medical games are the perfect channel to provide them with a quick and engaging experience of the profession!
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Compile a list of the most minor to the most complicated surgeries that exist that can be added in a Medical Surgery Simulator Game.
- List all the equipment that will be needed for these surgeries.
- Be able to document each surgery step-wise (with the instruments to be used) so that it can be translated into a mobile game.
- Source video links, pictures, etc. as reference links so that we can use them as guidance for creating assets in our games.
- Create game content that evokes excitement, so that after playing the game, consumers will take interest in becoming surgeons and doctors. The main tasks of this role involve documenting different levels of the game.
- Work extensively with our team of game designers, 2D and 3D artists, programmers, product managers and quality control teams to release the game.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- A person from the Medical industry either by education or experience or both and loves to study about the medical profession.
- Someone who can write and present concepts on surgeries and medical procedures.
- Someone who plays smartphone games and is very comfortable with YouTube, Social Media, medical Blogs, medical articles, the latest innovations in the medical industry, etc.
- You should also be a moderate consumer of Netflix, Hotstar and other medical sit-com/medical movie based content.
- An avid reader of the happenings in the medical fraternity so that you can stay updated with the latest happenings.
- A person who can work with a young team of Game Designers and Artists and translate the medical items into mobile game assets.
- Please note that we are predominantly focused on global markets. 85% of our audience is from the USA, European Union (EU) and the rest of the world. Hence, you must have a globally relevant medical outlook.
Any degree in Medicine or related profession would be a great advantage – (A thorough understanding of surgeries, procedures, the equipment required, medicines, etc.)
If this opportunity excites you, we have an assignment:
The world’s leading medical entertainment game is ‘Operate Now: Build your own Hospital’. Download the game from any of the links below.
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.games2win.internationalfashionstylist&hl=en
- iTunes: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/operate-now-hospital/id1136678102
1. Play this game for about 30-40 minutes.
2. Create a list of the top 25 surgeries that you would recommend, we should consider for our game. The surgeries should be easy to slightly complex.
3. For anyone or two of the surgeries (minimum one surgery) that you recommended, write down a detailed, step-by-step list of procedures and the equipment required. Assuming that you will be handing this to other game design and art teams in our business to produce. Use the sheet below.
This is the sheet you need to use. Create a copy of this sheet, then fill in the description of each step of the surgery, equipment to be used, a reference image of the equipment, and a reference video of the surgical process, in the sheet.
Once you’re done, send the completed assignment and your updated Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org