Role: Lead Game Analyst
Based in: Mumbai / Remote
Reporting to: Head of Analytics
Experience Required: 4+ Years of Experience
What would you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Work with Game Designers and product managers to refine game-play and economy throughout the production cycle
- Play competitor games, analyze them, and suggest features we could add to our games.
- Use data to help guide the team on pricing in-game items, balancing, and other adjustments to game-play to increase LTV & Retention
- Use the power of analysis to make a dramatic shift in the business Key Performance Indicators using strong recommendations and tell stories with numbers
- Drive the “Analysis” function for products assigned
- Create & interpret meaningful insights and suggestions for products based on the data collected & reported
- Represent data, reports, and insights in a manner that allows Product Managers to understand the performance of their games, with a focus on improving 3 things: Downloads, Engagement, and Monetization
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Extensive work experience as a Business Analyst in analyzing digital data
- Experience working in an Apps company or a Mobile Games Company, in an Analytics function (preferable)
- An e-commerce Data Specialist / Business Analytics who understands key metric measurements and how to interpret them
- Analytical mindset with good communication, interpersonal capabilities, and able to work independently
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments with a high degree of accuracy and function quickly in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
Graduate/Diploma Degree holder in Science/Commerce fields or any other equivalent educational background.
If this opportunity – ‘Lead Game Analyst’ at Games2win excites you, we have an assignment:
- Download our Game “Driving Academy” from the Android Store / iTunes Store
- Play the games for a few minutes:
- Go to the CARS Section. Browse the cars and the options that we provide users.
- Visit this link. Go to cell B 45. This is the % of unique users who have ‘engaged’ with Cars and their accessories.
- Now, suppose you were mandated to improve this number by 30%. What would you do and suggest? Assume that you have full authority to recommend changes in the game. As an analyst, what do you recommend? Be bold and don’t hold back with your ideas. (Cars and their accessories can’t be given away for free)
- Download and play our Game “Decisions” from the Android / iTunes store
- Play the game for a few minutes.
- The stories are presented to users in a universal layout. That means that everyone in the world sees stories in the same way. As an analyst, do you think that makes sense? If not, what do you recommend? What could Netflix / Hotstar teach us to present content better from an Analytics point of view? How would you like to present the stories? What data would you ask for to make your decision?
- Download and play our Game “International Fashion Stylist” from the Android / iTunes store
- Play the game for a few minutes.
- You will notice that some of the clothes are free, some locked, some available by watching videos. The player gets a few coins when they start and also for playing levels. Only 50% of players spend coins OR watch videos to unlock clothes. The remaining 50% simply play the game using free clothes and do not engage with the ‘prices’ clothes (coins or video) at all. As the analyst, what do you think we should do to involve the remaining 50% ‘freeloaders’? Should we lock all the clothes? What would be your approach? (Keep in mind that even the freeloaders generate money for the game via regular ads, though lower than engaged players).
Please use this Form to start the application process and we will be in touch!