Manager – Analytics
(Please read this entire Job Description carefully and send us the completed assignment described below and your updated profile if you would like to apply for this job.)
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Head of Analytics
Experience Required: Minimum 4 Years of Experience
What would you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Drive the “Analytics” function in the Company for products assigned.
- Create & interpret meaningful insights and suggestions for products based on the data collected & reported.
- Represent data, reports and insights in a manner that allows Product Managers to understand the performance of their games, with a focus on improving 3 things: Downloads | Engagement | Monetization
- Work with game designers and product managers to refine game-play and economy throughout the production cycle
- Use data to help guide the team on pricing in-game items, balancing and other adjustments to game-play to increase LTV & Retention
- Be able to make numbers tell stories! Use the power of analysis to make a dramatic shift in the business KPIs via strong recommendations.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- It would be preferable if you have experience, working in an Apps company or a Mobile Games Company, in an Analytics function.
- Extensive work experience with digital data as an Analyst is preferable.
- An e-commerce data specialist who understands key metric measurements and how to interpret them.
- Analytical mindset with good communication and interpersonal capabilities, able to work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and function quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Graduate/Diploma Degree holder in Science/Commerce fields or any other equivalent educational background.
If this opportunity excites you, please send us answers to the below assignment at email@example.com along with your updated CV..
Consider the data_table at the below link:
Below is a snippet of the table for your reference:
Questions based on the above table:
What are the SQL queries that you will use to get the below data points?
- Total unique users who bought something, how many items did they buy on average and the average price point of each item bought.
- Total items sold and the average price point of the items overall.
- Top 3 items sold daily and revenue from these Top 3 items daily.
- Total revenue made from each item broken down by country and day.
One of the reports we make for our games is a report on the funnel followed to get to a particular screen. Here, we track how the user got to the Store screen :-
|Data Category||Unique Users||% Start Game||% Composition of Uniques||Total Events|
Here is the assignment question based on the above table:
- 53593 unique users go to the Store Screen. The most popular source is the Home Screen, followed by In-game, Level Select, Profile and finally, the End-screen.
- We trigger unique events each time a screen is shown (i.e. show_store, show_home, show_profile, show_level_select, show_in_game, show_end_screen).
- Question: What is the query required to generate this report? Keep in mind that each event has a time-stamp, and we need to report on the last screen before show_store was triggered.
- Download our Game “Driving Academy Simulator 2019” from the Android Store / iTunes Store
- Play the games for a few minutes:
- Go to the CARS Section. You will notice that the “Muscle Cars” category is the default one that you start with.
- Study the real data of that section as shown in the google sheet (Refer to this Link )
- Answer the below questions:
- If you were mandated to improve the sale of these (Muscle) cars – what would you do? Assume you have the freedom to change car positions, prices etc. If you wanted to run experiments, what would those be, and why?
- Download and play our Game “Decisions” from the Android / iTunes store
- Play the game for a few minutes.
- The stories are presented to users in a universal layout. That means that everyone in the world sees stories in the same way. As an analyst, do you think that makes sense? If not, what do you recommend? How would you like to present the stories? What data would you ask for to make your decision? Do you believe in customization? What could Netflix / Hotstar teach us to present content better from an Analytics point of view?
- Download and play our Game “International Fashion Stylist” from the Android / iTunes store
- Play the game for a few minutes.
- You will notice that some of the clothes are free, some locked. The player gets a few coins when they start and also for playing levels. Do you think we should continue having free clothes or lock them all for coins? If people don’t want to buy coins, should we still allow them to play the game (remember – playing the game generates ads that generate money)
-End of Assignment-
Best of Luck!
Send your updated resume/CV along with the above-mentioned test assignment response to firstname.lastname@example.org