(Please read this entire JD carefully. There is a call for action request at the end of the post that you need to action should you be interested in applying for this job)
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Head of Analytics
Experience Required – Minimum 2 Years of Experience
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Drive the “Analytics” function in the Company for products assigned.
- Create & interpret meaningful insights and suggestions for products based on the data collected & reported.
- Represent data, reports and insights in a manner that allows Product Managers to understand the performance of their games. With a focus on improving 3 things:
- Downloads | Engagement | Monetization
- Work with game designers and product managers to refine gameplay and economy throughout the production cycle
- Use data to help guide the team on pricing in-game items, balancing and other adjustments to gameplay to increase LTV & Retention
- Be able to make numbers tell stories! To be able to use the power of analysis to make a dramatic shift in the business KPIs via strong recommendations.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- You have worked in an apps company or mobile games Company before in an Analytics function.
- Someone who has worked extensively with digital data as an Analyst.
- An e-commerce data specialist who understands key metric measurements and how to interpret them.
- Analytical mindset with good communication and interpersonal capabilities, able to work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and function quickly in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Graduate/Diploma Degree holder in Science/Commerce fields or any other equivalent educational background.
If this opportunity excites you then send us answers to the below assignment at email@example.com along with your CV, etc.
Consider the data_table at the below link:
Below is a snippet of the table for your reference:
What are the SQL queries that you will use to get the below data points?
- Total unique users who bought something, how many items did they buy on average and the average price point of each item bought.
- Total items sold and the average price point of the items overall.
- Top 3 items sold daily and revenue from these Top 3 items daily.
- Total revenue made from each item broken down by country and day.
Play the games for a few minutes and then:
- Go to the CARS Section. You will notice that the “Muscle Cars” category is the default one that you start with.
- Study the real data of that section as shown in the google sheet (Refer Link ):
Answer the below questions:
- What Additional Data (based on what has been provided only) would you add in Columns J, K, L? Why would you add these data points?
- If you were to recommend a strategy to sell more cars, what would be your strategy (based on data only)?
Play the game for a few minutes.
The stories are presented to users in a universal layout. That means that everyone in the world sees stories in the same way. As an analyst, do you think that makes sense? If not, what do you recommend? How would you like to present the stories? What data would you ask for to make your decision? Do you believe in customization? What could Netflix / Hotstar teach us to present content better from an Analytics point of view?
Play the game for a few minutes.
You will notice that some of the clothes are free, some locked. The player gets a few coins when they start and also for playing levels. Do you think we should continue having free clothes or lock them all for coins? If people don’t want to buy coins, should we still allow them to play the game (remember – playing the game generates ads that generate money)
Best of Luck with your assignment!
Send your updated resume along with the above-mentioned test assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org