(Please read this entire JD carefully. There is a call for action request at the end of the post that you need to action should you be interested in applying for this job)
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Product Managers of the Company
Experience Require – Minimum 2 Years of Experience
Whom do we need?
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to ensure the timely delivery of the games we release. You will be able to understand the requirements of a release, ensure the right resources are aligned at the right time, and verify that the release is on track through regular checks. You will have an eye for detail, able to spot dependencies and be willing to imbibe best practices in delivering creative projects such as games.
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Understand the scope of the release and WHY it is being developed. This is vital to be able to triage and escalate issues effectively.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to plan resources and dependencies for each release, delivering a project plan as the outcome.
- Work with the Delivery Head and any partner manager to ensure all resources are in sync..
- Involve actively during the production phase and work with the creative, art, development & QC teams, across projects to ensure projects are on track. This involves reviewing progress on a periodic basis, with actual hands-on review of builds, tracking checklists and updating project timelines.
- If unable to resolve problems or concerns on your own, escalate them immediately and clearly, with possible options for management to decide on.
- Be adept with scheduling tools such as MS Project, SmartSheets or Trello.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Someone with a minimum of 2 years of work experience with experience launching at least 4 mobile apps or games (or updates) in the past 2 years.
- You need to love playing games.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A background in mobile app development will be very helpful, if not in mobile game development, so that you are aware of the teams involved in the game development process.
- Familiariry with Android and iOS devices and stores will be an added benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with additional formal qualifications in Project Management
If the role interests you, then we have a small assignment for you:
Step 2: The game has recently been updated with the following changes. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gOJaqkZ8aPjl4LoIWBgczLZeRKD5x7_1FWrZNsBdQKQ/edit?usp=sharing. Please read the document and understand what each of these changes were.
Step 3: Each requirement has a task for a artist, level designer OR engineer. They have been listed in separate slides after each Requirement, titled “Estimate”.
Step 4: Prepare a Google Spreadsheet or Excel that defines the project plan, clearly depicting the timelines and dependencies shared in the Presentation.
Step 5: Assume that this project will have an additional 2 weeks of testing. Tell us how you would track this project, by listing the calendar of tasks you would do over the entire duration of the project.
Best of Luck!
Send your assignment and updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org