Role: Project Manager
Based in: Mumbai
Reporting to: Product Manager
Experience Required – Minimum 2 Years of Experience
Who do we need?
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to ensure the timely delivery of the games we release. You will need to understand the requirements of a release, ensure the right resources are aligned at the right time and verify that the release is on track through regular checks. You will need to have an eye for detail, be able to spot dependencies, and be willing to imbibe best practices in delivering creative projects such as games.
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Understand the scope of the release and WHY it is being developed. This is vital to be able to triage and escalate issues effectively.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to plan resources and dependencies for each release, delivering a project plan as the outcome.
- Work with the Delivery Head and any partner manager to ensure all resources are in sync.
- Be actively involved during the production phase and work with the creative, art, development & QC teams, across projects to ensure projects are on track. This involves reviewing progress on a periodic basis, with an actual hands-on review of builds, tracking checklists and updating project timelines.
- If you are unable to resolve problems or concerns on your own, escalate them immediately and clearly, with possible options for management to decide on.
- Be adept with scheduling tools such as MS Project, SmartSheets, or Trello.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Someone with a minimum of 2 years of work experience with experience launching at least 4 mobile apps or games (or updates) in the past 2 years.
- You need to love playing games.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A background in mobile app development will be very helpful, if not in mobile game development so that you are aware of the teams involved in the game development process.
- Familiarity with Android and iOS devices and stores will be an added benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with additional formal qualifications in Project Management
If the Project Manager role at Games2win interests you, then we have an assignment:
Step 2: The game has recently been updated with the following changes. https://docs.google.
Step 3: Each requirement has a task for an artist, level designer, OR engineer. They have been listed in separate slides after each Requirement, titled “Estimate”. Assume that the project will require an additional 2 weeks of formal testing by an external testing team, who will put the game through 3 rounds of testing.
Step 4: Prepare a Google Spreadsheet or Excel that defines the project plan, clearly depicting the timelines and dependencies shared in the Presentation. Importantly, how will you organize the tasks into Sprints? What will each sprint entail, how long will it last, what needs to be done once each sprint is completed?
Step 5: Share a JIRA workflow that you would use to: 1) track issues from the sprint to completion, and 2) allow testers to mark bugs and triage them.
Once you’re done, send the completed assignment and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org