Games2win World :
Games2win is a leading global mobile games publisher. Our games have over 400 million downloads and are played by over 15 million monthly active players. We take pride in building our own Intellectual Property (IP) and using the strength of our consumer love to market our games! That’s why most of our downloads are generated without advertising support or paid installations.
A few of our global hit titles are Driving Academy, Decisions, International Fashion Stylist, and many more.
To learn more about us, visit https://games2winmedia.com/company-profile/
Role: Technical Lead
Based in: Mumbai/Remote
Reporting to: CTO
Experience required: 8+ Years
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Be the technical lead for a suite of game products – Prototype and/or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Understand product requirements from Product Managers and scope out technical feasibility and approach. This also involves planning for any implementation challenges and providing relevant feedback to management.
- Prototype and/or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Templatize various code repositories to facilitate better re-use.
- Periodically review game code from the team and any external partners to ensure that they are as per your specifications.
- Define workflows to be followed by art teams.
- Troubleshoot issues that various game teams are facing with Unity games, which include solving game-related bugs, issues with ad SDKs, leaderboard APIs and any device-specific issues that may crop up.
- Assist the Delivery Head in estimating timelines for projects.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in mobile game development on Smartphones, with at least 6 years with Unity.
- Strong knowledge of the Unity pipeline and should be comfortable working on both 3D and 2D games.
- Have demonstrated experience solving performance and size issues on lower-end Android & iOS devices.
- Someone with strong fundamentals in mobile-game development: understand design patterns, the architecture of games, and device APIs
- A person who has worked with Xcode & Objective C, as well as Eclipse
- Someone with experience working with APIs such as Firebase and any private backend services for consumption
- A person who is proficient in debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games.
Shortlisted candidates will be given a technical assignment of a high-end Problem Statement to be solved. (For example, We want to introduce multiplayer driving in our game – Driving Academy. Here is the link to download and play this game, before attempting the assignment.) We would require you to think through the scope and requirements, and come back to us with :
- Your technical recommendations
- Specific questions you may have about our existing game code, and why it’s relevant
- A technical architecture description of the new components required and how they would interplay with our existing game
- Specific caveats or concerns that you have
- How you would phase the development of the project
Please use this Form to start the application process and we will be in touch!