Games2win World :
Games2win is a leading global mobile games publisher. Our games have over 400 million downloads and are played by over 15 million monthly active players. We take pride in building our own Intellectual Property (IP) and using the strength of our consumer love to market our games! That’s why most of our downloads are generated without advertising support or paid installations.
A few of our global hit titles are Driving Academy, Decisions, International Fashion Stylist, and many more.
To learn more about us, visit https://games2winmedia.com/company-profile/
Position: Technical Lead
Reporting to: CTO
Experience required: 8+ years of experience
Why : 2021 is the year we build out a robust release pipeline to our games. New features and new games, along with the need to syncrhonise best practices across our portfolio of games, means we need strong leads who take ownership to drive engineering teams. Example product features we are working on :-
- Building a multiplayer world for our driving games. We have 4 million users monthly across our driving games ; we need systems to handle this scope
- Building an equivalent of a large online movie streaming service for interactive narrative games. We roll-out around two to four stories a month, across 18 languages. We are opening the platform to writers across the world.
- Building a digital mega-store for games – With over 100,000 dresses and furniture items, multiple range of devices to work on, we need scalable systems that work across the themes of each of our games.
- Building games for India, where the focus will be on file-size, gameplays and localization
Sound exciting ?
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- Be the technical Unity lead for a suite of game products – Prototype and/or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Understand product requirements from Product Managers and scope out technical feasibility and approach. This also involves planning for any implementation challenges and providing relevant feedback to management.
- Prototype and/or architect game concepts that can be followed-through by game teams.
- Templatize various code repositories to facilitate better re-use.
- Periodically review game code from the team and any external partners to ensure that they are as per your specifications.
- Define workflows to be followed by art teams.
- Troubleshoot issues that various game teams are facing with Unity games, which include solving game-related bugs, issues with ad SDKs, leaderboard APIs and any device-specific issues that may crop up.
- Assist the Delivery Head in estimating timelines for projects.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in mobile game development on Smartphones, with at least 6 years with Unity.
- Strong knowledge of the Unity pipeline and should be comfortable working on both 3D and 2D games.
- Have demonstrated experience solving performance and size issues on lower-end Android & iOS devices.
- Someone with strong fundamentals in mobile-game development: understand design-patterns, architecture of games, and device APIs.
- A person who has worked with X-Code & Objective C, as well as Eclipse
- Someone with experience working with APIs such as Firebase and any private backend services for consumption
- A person who is proficient in debugging and profiling code, as well as understanding memory management for mobile games.
- B.E./B.Tech preferred.
If this role at Games2win Interests you, then please complete the following assignment.
Please use this Form to start the application process and we will be in touch!